I will explain to you the top 90 health, mind, and spiritual benefits of meditation that you never know in this article.
Whenever you heard about meditation, You might be thinking about the monk, who has a long beard and meditating in the Himalayas or Jungle.
You might be thinking that meditation is not for normal people and only for Sadhus (Monk), who stays in a cage and doing meditation for several years.
You do exercise to be physically fit and healthy.
You can achieve your goal in your life also, but you may not be happy after achieving all your goals.
People have everything in their life, but happiness is not there.
You are spending a lot of money to be happy and people are searching for happiness everywhere in the outside world.
Do you think you will get happiness anywhere?
Can you buy happiness?
Is it possible to be happy always?
When I ask somebody are you happy? People start thinking am I happy?
The answer to all your questions is only meditation.
Meditation will change you as well as your family life.
My dear friend, meditation is the need for a new generation to live life happily and healthy.
What is meditation?
Meditation relaxes your mind.
Meditation will rest your mind deeper than sleep.
If you meditate for 20 mins then It is equivalent to 2 hours of sleep.
How to meditate?
Meditation is very simple and easy to do.
It does not require any equipment and it is easy to learn. It can be practice anywhere. It doesn’t take much time. It only needs your 15-20 minutes. Meditation has no negative side effects. There are different kinds of meditation I will explain in my next post. I am explaining here a simple meditation technique.
- Sit in a silent place.
- Sit on bed/ chair/ yoga mat.
- Put alarm for some time like 10-20 mins. You start with 5 mins if you are a beginner then increase time slowly.
- Strengthen your spinal cord(back).
- Put your hands above your legs.
- Close your eyes.
Thousands of thoughts will be bombarding into your head, but do not open your eyes.
Let thoughts come into your mind, do not try to stop any thoughts. All thoughts will be settled down after some time.
Types Of Meditation:
Read different types of meditations.
What are the benefits of meditations?
I. Health Benefits
1. Get more physical fitness.
2. More focus mind:
3. Normalize high blood pressure:
4. Reduce anxiety attacks
5. Decreases stress.
6. Improves mood and behavior
7. Improve the immune system
8. Increase energy levels.
9. Reduces heart diseases and stroke.
10. Improve blood circulation.
11. Less perspiration.
12. Slower respiratory rate.
13. Reduces age-related memory loss:
14. Glowing skin.
15. Reduces heart deceases:
16. Slower aging:
17. Lowers oxygen consumption
18. Decreases muscle tension
19. Reduces pre-menstrual symptoms
20. Help in chronic diseases like allergies, arthritis, etc.
21. Increases exercise tolerance.
22. Help with weight loss.
23. Reduces cholesterol level, lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease.
24. Improve the flow of air to the lungs that result in easy to breathe.
25. Help to cure headaches and migraines.
26. Reduce the need for medical care.
27. Less energy wasted.
28. Relief from asthma.
29. Improved performance in the sports activity.
30. Relaxes your nervous system.
31. Help in curing infertility
32. Improve self-confidence.
33. Resolve phobia and fear.
34. Help to control your thoughts.
35. Improve relations at home and work
36. Help to ignore small issues
37. Ability to solve a complex problem.
38. Improve will power.
39. Help to easily respond to a stressful event.
40. Decrease mental illness.
41. Improve intelligence.
42. Improve social behavior.
43. Reduces aggressiveness.
44. It requires less time to fall asleep.
45. The decrease in restless thinking.
46. Decrease the tendency to worry.
47. It helps to make a more accurate judgment.
48. Develops emotional maturity.
49. Develop a stable personality.
50. Increases listening skills.
51. Increases empathy.
52. Increases sense of responsibility.
53. Increases productivity.
54. Fewer tissue damages.
II. Mental benefits
55. Control and reduce anxiety.
56. Reduces stress.
57. Improve emotional stability.
58. Improve self-awareness.
59. Increases happiness.
60. Develop intuition.
61. Improve sleep.
62. Help control pain.
63. Sharpen the mind.
64. Expansion of mind
65. Gain more clarity and better peace of mind.
66. Reduce depression.
67. Help to fight alcohol, nicotine, and drug addiction.
68. Improve confidence.
69. Improve focus and concentration.
70. Greater dynamism.
71. Improve creativity.
72. Increased intelligence.
73. Work efficiency.
74. Improve Personal relationships.
75. Improve Marital relationship.
76. Cure eating disorder.
77. Quitting smoking.
78. Cure autism spectrum disorder
79. Improve Decision making.
80. Improve work performance.
III. Spiritual benefits
81. It helps to understand yourself.
82. Help to learn forgiveness.
83. Better peace of mind and happiness.
84. Improve compassion.
85. Improve harmony of mind, body, and spirit.
86. Help to live in the present moment.
IV. Benefit for Student
87. Improve Confidence
88. Improve concentration and focus.
89. Better health
90. More mentally strong.
Now, you know all the benefits of meditation but still, some people will think why to meditate? I will explain to you why you should meditate that will open your eyes.
Why Meditation is necessary?
The heart is the most important part of our body. It works continuously from the time of our birth till death.
The heart pumps 7,000 liters of blood, out of which 70% of blood is pumped to the brain, and the remaining 30 % is pumped to the rest of our body.
Our veins are 70,000 km long and blood pumped through it.
We take rest when you are tired, but our heart never takes rest, if it will take rest then you will have to take rest for forever.
Now the question is how heart work, so efficiently and continuously.
The heart works because it follows a discipline.
The heart takes 0.3 secs to contract and 0.5 secs to relax.
Hence the heart takes 0.3+0.5=0.8 sec to complete one beat.
The normal heartbeat is 72 in 1 minute.
The impure blood travels through the lungs and becomes 100% pure during the relaxing phase of 0.5 secs.
The body demands more blood when you are stressed in less time and in this situation the heart reduces the relaxing period from 0.5 to 0.4 secs.
Thus, the heartbeats 82 times in 1 min, and only 80% of blood get purified.
When you are more stressed heart relaxing time is reduced to 0.3 secs then only 60% of blood is purified.
Thus 20-40% of impure blood which is not pumped is pumped to the veins/arteries.
These impure component gets deposited on the walls of veins and thus the elastic nature of the veins is lost. So, they become plastic in nature.
Thus, this results in a blockage that further results in a heart attack.
So, you understand that the main reason for heart problems is the increased demand for blood by the brain and the body.
25-30% of blood reaches in the brain due to diet, which you take whereas the rest 70-75% is due to thinking, emotions, memories, and another process of the brain.
So, if you want to keep your heart working effectively for a long time, you should protect yourself from worries, anger, sadness, stress, and hurry.
There is no medication is available to protect ourselves from this.
So, only the medication available is meditation.
How to get benefits from meditation?
The only way to get benefits of meditation is through regular practice.
Meditate for 20 minutes every day.
Meditation will be part of the daily routine after practicing every day.
These top 90 health, mind, and spiritual benefits of meditation will change your life.
I hope you enjoyed the top 90 health, mind, and spiritual benefits of meditation.
The whole world is going through the Covid-19 pandemic.
There is a lot of negativity everywhere in this entire world.
You need to be positive, cool, and calm in this pandemic situation.
You have to control your mind and body.
I am meditating every day.
Comment me when you are going to start meditation?